The journal publishes original papers and sources in the fields of art history, musicology, and theatrology related to Central and Eastern European arts. The submitted manuscript should not have been previously published in any form or considered for publication elsewhere. Reviews of scholarly publications, conferences and exhibitions are also accepted. Contributions are accepted in Lithuanian, English, and Polish, and in some cases other languages are also allowed.
Menotyra follows a strict anti-plagiarism policy, which targets both plagiarism and self-plagiarism. By submitting a paper for publication in Menotyra, author(s) confirm that: 1) they are aware that plagiarism and self-plagiarism are illegal and understand that plagiarism is the use of the ideas presented by another person or in a published work pretending that they are one’s own; 2) they declare that each contribution to their article has been acknowledged and sources of information from other published authors or unpublished works have been properly cited; 3) they certify that they are solely responsible for the text of the article along with all references. Manuscripts submitted to Menotyra may be checked for originality using anti-plagiarism software. The journal is published by the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences, which is a member of Crossref and uses the CrossCheck publishing support and plagiarism detection systems.
About the Journal
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
Lithuanian Academy of Sciences Publishers
3 Gedimino Ave, 01103 Vilnius, Lithuania